Mechanical & Electrical Services
Our Technical facilities management solutions are focused on enhancing each environment in which we operate, from mechanical and electrical maintenance and building fabric maintenance to water hygiene services.
Our technical Facilities Management team pride themselves on their high-quality service delivery.
There are many benefits to our maintenance services which will improve your business’ efficiency and provide the certainty you need from your building services plant and systems.
Neylons Facility Management implement and operate a range of maintenance regimes that are tailored to meet the specific needs of your organisation and built environment.
Maintenance strategies that will inform the most appropriate regime for your built environment include:
- Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) – a 12-month programme of maintenance compiled using BESA SFG20 and OEM best practice
- Business Focused Maintenance (BFM) evaluating plants and systems that are critical to your organisation’s operations and focusing available resources in these areas
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) tracking plant and system operation and diverting available resources to the plant and systems where reliability is failing
- Compliance Maintenance – only carrying out maintenance that is required to meet statutory and legislative requirements
- Run to Destruction – Identify those items of the plant where failure will not cause business disruption and the benefits of maintenance are limited, leaving the equipment to run with no preventative intervention.
We will schedule all the statutory and legislative requirements connected with the plant and systems within your building. We will produce a ‘Compliance handbook’ for your building and manage our service delivery and your third-party contractors to maintain 100% compliance.
Why invest in Planned Maintenance?
Plants and systems fail, and when they fail it can be costly for an organisation to fix. Costly in time, reduced productivity, capacity and finances. It is important to reduce the potential for emergencies and breakdowns to occur. Planned Maintenance will allow you to discover potential issues before they cause an impact on your business. With an overall goal of improving the performance and safety of your buildings, its plant and systems.
Planned Maintenance regimes are utilised to minimise inconvenience to your organisation and allow for the discovery of potential building fabric, mechanical or electrical system issues that may arise before they cause breakdowns, develop faults or stop working as they should.
The undertaking of scheduled Planned Maintenance lowers the risk of reduced productivity due to equipment failure and often significantly extends the life of plant, systems and building components.
Rather than fixing problems as they occur, Planned Maintenance allows for the discovery of developing issues before they escalate to larger problems and potential breakdowns.
Planned Maintenance services and benefits include:
- Regular, Scheduled Visits – Mobile engineers visit your buildings for scheduled visits, planned in advance. This minimises inconvenience and avoids disruption to your operations:
- Regular visits ensure our Engineers become familiar with your plant and systems, making sure changes in operation are quickly identified and addressed:
- Advanced Planning for Financial Outlay – Paying for adhoc repairs can quickly add up and the unpredictable nature of breakdowns doesn’t allow for accurate financial planning.
- Regular Planned Maintenance however is delivered at a regular cost which can be budgeted for and provide cost certainty.
- More often than not, when regular maintenance is delivered potential areas for concern that may lead to breakdowns, are identified and managed during regular Planned Maintenance and the cost of repairs are minimised due to ongoing maintenance previously undertaken:
- Out-of-Hours Maintenance – Having access to a 24-hour workforce can be essential to your organisation. Not every business runs 9 am to 5 pm. Our Engineering support is available 24/7/365 to react to your emergency and urgent requirements:
- Reduced Downtime – Downtime for any organisation is negative. Reduction in production decreased opportunities or limited services availability leads to significant frustrations and financial outlay. Although there is no guarantee to eradicate it completely, regular Planned Maintenance significantly reduces the potential for downtime of building services and plant and systems:
- Improved Safety – Regular Planned Maintenance, including intrusive maintenance, certification and checks that are statutory by law all contribute to ensuring a premise, the building fabric and equipment used within are as safe to ensure the highest level of safety for building users and occupants:
- Cost Saving – A contribution of reduced downtime, better financial planning and increased productivity all contribute to the cost-saving benefits achieved when Planned Maintenance regimes are implemented.