A thai salad with peanut dressing recipe for your lunch box
- Approx. ½ cabbage, any type, any colour, sliced or chopped
- ½ cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions (spring onions) sliced
- ½ red pepper chopped
- 50 g salted peanuts
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp rice/white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ – ½ tsp crushed chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper
For the dressing, place all ingredients in a jug or jar and give a good mix with a fork.
Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
Add enough dressing to coat everything, serve.
Hints & Tips
This salad will keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for 3 days.
The unused dressing will keep in an airtight container/jar in the fridge for a week.
Good with cooked and cooled brown rice, noodles or baked potatoes.
Leftovers can be stir-fried with the unused dressing.
Add any kind of meat or cheese for a more substantial meal.