Thank you Susanne for meeting up with us. Susanne, you are our Finance Manager and you joined the team in September 2019.
- Why did you get started in Finance?
I have always been interested in Finance. I started my career as a chef. After taking time out to get married and have my children, I decided to go to college and follow my dream.
- What do you enjoy the most about your job?
I like the diversity of my role. Every day is different. I get to go to work and work with both numbers and research! I get asked to do fun and exciting things and I get to work with a variety of talented people. Finding the best solution is very rewarding.
- What does a typical day look like?
Two days are never the same! I come in with a plan and then it gets thrown out of the window. It’s always fun when you get unexpected things to do!
- What is the best career lesson you’ve learned so far?
“Follow your dreams”. If you don’t like your job, change it!
- What is your toughest career challenge to date?
Maintaining a good work/life balance was challenging while going to college. I was taking care of my family, preparing for my exams and working full-time for 4 years!
- What does true leadership mean to you?
Giving people tools to work independently from their leader. Also, always treat everyone with respect.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Learn Irish so I could talk with my children who are fluent! They couldn’t talk behind my back anymore!
- What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
I love the theatre, especially musicals.
- What would be three words to best describe you?
Stubborn, generous and fun
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
The ability to read minds.
- What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
Grease-my favourite. I watch it at least once every year.
- What is the first concert you attended?
Phantom of Opera
- What is on your bucket list?
I don’t have one. I just do what I feel like doing in the moment.
- What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
- You’re happiest when?
When I’m successful, small and big wins are important.