15 questions with Sandra Ribner, Quality Manager
Thank you Sandra for answering our questions. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
Yes, of course. I worked in Advertising & Marketing in America. I’ve been with Neylons since November 2016.
While attending university, I started my career managing a gym and I taught the 7 am step aerobic and aerobic courses. I also used to train marines in that gym!
- Who inspired you to pursue the career you have today?
My Dad, he always said “if you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything”
- How would you describe your job to a bunch of kids?
I drive around the country and have fun chats with all sorts of people.
- What is your proudest moment at Neylons?
It would have to be the annual Neylons Academy For Growth Graduation.
- What do you find the most challenging in your role?
Honestly, I really enjoy my job so it would be not working too much.
- If you could get a new skill in 10 minutes, what would it be?
Become a faster typist.
- How do you balance your career at Neylons and your personal life?
Family ALWAYS comes first then you can fit everything else in. This has worked for me so far.
- What’s something most people don’t know about you?
My favourite artists are Kandinsky & Mondrian.
- What would be three words to best describe you?
Assertive, Fun & Loyal.
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever done?
When I was ten my cousin & I climbed a small mountain in flip flops. We were lost for hours and thought it was a great adventure! We were too young to realise how dangerous it was.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
I would love to be able to fly…Yes definitely fly.
- What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
- What do you like to do on your days off?
I like relaxing at home and I enjoy reading a good novel. I really enjoy hosting dinner parties. My husband does the cooking, I set the table and make everything look beautiful.
- Motto or personal mantra?
Enjoy what you do in life and be true to yourself.
- What is on your bucket list?
Visit Reykjavik, Thailand & Zimbabwe.
- Is there something that made you smile recently?
When I asked my 5 years old nephew if he misses me. He said he misses me a lot, a lot, a lot!