Let’s meet Dorina Cazacu. Dorina you joined the team 4 months ago. Could you tell us a bit more about yourself?
Yes of course! I have been in Ireland for 17 years. I experienced different kinds of jobs but once I discovered the facilities world, people management, teamwork, performance management, I fell in love. I went to Portobello College for a better understanding of what I’m doing and then when you love what you do you never work a day in your life.
1. Why did you choose to work with Neylons?
I liked the reviews I read. I thought I would try my best to be part of this Golden Team. You have the opportunity to grow professionally and also to leave your footprint not only on the company but in people’s lives too. I’m comfortable, and I know what I’m doing. Even more important, I’m appreciated and encouraged, which nowadays is rare. Every little victory is seen.
2. What would like someone who’s interested in applying at Neylons to know?
Neylons is a company that takes care of people first You feel welcomed, wanted and challenged if you want to. Support and help are just around the corner whenever it’s needed.
3. What does a typical day look like as a site manager?
Once I have my day planned and everything is up to date, the day usually gets pleasantly busy! Team huddles, chat with residents, contractors, issues to sort out, things to plan and fill up the agenda for the next day. As Ciprian, Director of Operations says “Your Agenda is your Bible’’ and I totally agree with that.
4. What is a defining career moment or high point?
It is a moment in your life/career when you need to make a decision, and the result will bring fundamental changes. My defining career moment is when I joined Neylons!
5. What do you find the most challenging in your role?
I meet people with different characters and I need to adjust to each of them. Also, dealing with change and staying engaged and motivated can be challenging.
6. What is on your wish list for the next 10 years with Neylons?
I want to graduate first from Neylons Academy of Growth, get stronger in my position and then get another one stronger than me. I want to be taught and then teach others, I want to continuously be a proud member of the company and attract more valuable people, I want to service Excellence and lasting Partnerships. Neylons fixed my broken wings and gave me a chance to grow new ones. I want other people to heal and be proud of their workplace.
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I would learn how to find a solution to every problem possible. Actually, I wanted to learn the guitar and be cool about it.
8. What’s a fun fact about you many people may not know?
When I have a glass of wine people can’t stop laughing- probably I have a stacked dose of humour that is hidden under the normal brain functioning!
9. What would be three words to best describe you.
Practical, Patient and Responsible.
10. If you were stuck on an island, what three things would you bring?
Water supply, a knife and a good book.
11. What did you want to be when growing up?
I grew up in the family of a doctor. He allowed me to stay in his cabinet so I experienced his tools in everything I could. I wanted to be a doctor.
12. What’s on your bucket list?
- Travel around the world once kids are older
- Learn a new language like German or French
- Learn how to swim but I’m still convincing myself that I’m not afraid of water!
- Learn how to horse ride
- To volunteer for people who really needs it
13. Do you have a favourite quote?
“When life gives you 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile’’.
14. What is your hidden talent?
I literally have no talent and I’m good at hiding that!
15. Where would you like to travel to?
To a place with no gadgets, no noise….I mean to my parents’ house, to my childhood home…